Grits & Sausage Casserole
This casserole is a popular dish in our household and we are happy to share the recipe with you! Perfect for a weeknight meal for the whole family.
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 4 ½ cups water
- 2 tsp Salt ((more to taste))
- 1 cup Palmetto Farms Stone Ground Grits
- 4 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- ¼ tsp black pepper ((more to taste))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 2 Qt. baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown pork sausage in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Drain and set aside.
- Heat water and salt in a medium saucepan to boiling.
- Whisk in grits. Stir briskly to prevent clumping.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add ¾ of cooked and drained sausage.
- Add cheeses and pepper.
- Stir well and pour into greased baking dish.
- Top with remaining sausage.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.